Scientist (PhD) In Vitro Pharmacology (Signaling)
DOMAIN THERAPEUTICS is a leading biopharmaceutical company in the field of G Protein-Coupled Receptors (GPCRs), one of the most important classes of drug targets.
We are dedicated to consolidating this position by developing a high-value pipeline of innovative drug candidates.
To achieve this, we will continue to focus on identification of new class of treatments by leveraging our expertise, innovative approaches and proprietary technologies as well as our strong company culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
▪ A stimulating scientific position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
▪ The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
▪ A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
▪ Varied contacts inside the company, the biotech/pharma sector and the scientific world.
▪ A working environment in a growing structure, within a young and dynamic team, where your involvement will be valued
THE CONTEXT & RESEARCH PROJECT
The Pharmacology department of Domain Therapeutics is seeking a knowledgeable Scientist with experience in Pharmacology on GPCRs.
The candidate will be expected to participate in the discovery and characterization of New Chemical Entities (NCEs) or New Biological Entities (NBEs)) on various GPCRs.
The candidate will work in a multidisciplinary discovery team to uncover innovative solutions to GPCR drug discovery.
With a role in the project team(s), the selected candidate will work in close interaction with the Head of Pharmacology Department. More specifically, the responsibilities will be to :
▪ Responsible for conceiving, developing and executing biochemical and cellular assays in support of GPCR-targeting drug-discovery projects
▪ Design screening cascades and assess translation between biochemical and cellular systems and disease models
▪ Lead and participate at the in vitro characterization of drug candidates to guide preclinical drug development programs in Immuno-Oncology
▪ Provide scientific experimental guidance to support target validation, Hit identification and confirmation and lead optimization in drug discovery projects
▪ Deliver scientific reports and presentations for internal and external audiences
▪ Contribute to the writing of regulatory documents for drug candidates
▪ Collaborate effectively with colleagues and leadership across departments to facilitate the success of all projects
▪ Supervise scientist and associate scientist
▪ Identify and implement new technologies useful for R&D programs
▪ Participate to the contracting processes as the scientific party (CDA, MTA, RFP,..)
▪ Coordinate external work packages that could be done with CRO partners and academic collaborators
▪ Establish and maintain efficient, collaborative and trustful collaborations
▪ Demonstrate proficiency and flexibility in working on various programs in parallel
WHO YOU ARE
▪ PhD degree in biology or pharmacology
▪ Previous experience of working in small molecule drug discovery pipeline
▪ Previous experience working with GPCRs or a working knowledge of basic GPCR biology and literature
▪ Deep understanding of pharmacology on GPCRs with a track record of defining key experiments and developing signaling assay to characterize and/or improve drug candidates
▪ Screening of small molecules in plate-based formats
▪ Experience in sterile techniques, cell culture, molecular biology, flow cytometry
▪ Experience in in vitro assay development and assay optimization
▪ Expert knowledge in data spreadsheets (Excel) and GraphPad Prism to generate data (concentration response curve) and graphic illustration
▪ Practical understanding of a wide range of cell biology techniques such as reporter assays, BRET, FRET, HTRF and other luminescence and fluorescence-based assays
▪ A plus : expertise in proteomic, lentivirus transduction
▪ Fluency in English required (written and spoken)
▪ Ability to work with flexibility in a changing and demanding environment
▪ Demonstrated success with problem analysis/solving, anticipation and proactivity
▪ Strong sense of discipline and initiative, planning and organization skills
▪ Strong project and interpersonal skills
▪ Strongly organized and rigorous, you have a good ability to adapt to changes in priorities and to work effectively on multiple programs in a fast paced environment
▪ Although autonomous, you have a high ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
Domain Therapeutics offers you an opportunity to put your skills to good use in a human and caring work environment… Tempted ? Don’t hesitate, join the Domain Therapeutics adventure
→ Permanent position / Full Time
→ Salary to be defined + many advantages (Restaurant tickets, Holiday vouchers, Health assurance, …)
→ Arrival to be defined
NEXT STEP IS YOURS
To apply, please send here before October 30th, 2021 :
▪ a Detailed CV including names and contact details of 3 reference persons.
▪ a “Research experience” document (1-page description of research and training activities already undertaken).
▪ a “Motivation” document.
Domain Therapeutics, data controller, implements the processing of your personal data for the management of recruitment operations, in application of the French Labor Code.
The data collected is essential for monitoring your application and is intended for the relevant departments of Domain Therapeutics as well as any subcontractors and providers. The data are kept for two years from the last contact with the candidate.
In application of the legislation in place, you have the right to question, access, rectify or delete, limit the processing of your data, the right to object, the right to the portability of your data as well as the right to define directives relating to the fate of your data after your death, which are exercised by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the attention of the Data Protection Officer from Domain Therapeutics, 850, boulevard Sébastien Brant, Bioparc, 67400 Illkirch-Graffenstaden, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
Share this article