MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships 2021 (HORIZON-MSCA-2021-PF-01-01) Design and synthesis of innovative fluorescent probes
DOMAIN THERAPEUTICS is a leading biopharmaceutical company in the field of G Protein-Coupled Receptors (GPCRs), one of the most important classes of drug targets. We are dedicated to consolidating this position by developing a high-value pipeline of innovative drug candidates. To achieve this, we will continue to focus on identification of new class of treatments by leveraging our expertise, innovative approaches and proprietary technologies as well as our strong company culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
A stimulating scientific position in the department of medicinal chemistry with more than 30 scientists (including 11 PhDs) within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- A project with strong interaction with the pharmacology department
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- Varied contacts inside the company, the biotech/pharma sector and the scientific world.
- Living in Strasbourg at the heart of Europe, seat of the European Parliament, in a very dynamic and attractive environment (50 000 students from all over the world)
THE CONTEXT & RESEARCH PROJECT
Domain therapeutics is looking for a post-doctoral researcher, to co-apply for a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship.
Within its Medicinal Chemistry Department, Domain Therapeutics is actively looking for a highly motivated and creative Post-Doc with expertise in medicinal chemistry or organic chemistry to take a leading role supporting the design and synthesis of novel fluorescent probes. These tools will support our internal programs by visualizing the interaction of the drug with the target in vitro and in vivo. The post-Doc will have to introduce on our most promising compounds moieties with appropriates linkers. The challenge will be to design and synthesize such linker in order to maintain the binding between the receptors and the pharmacophore. Interaction with the biological teams next to her/him to furnish biological results will guide the optimization. The selected candidate will work in close interaction with Domain PhDs and will have access to state-of-the-art technologies.
The position will only be open upon obtention of the European grant with a starting date estimated in March 2022. The grant application has to be submitted before October 12th, 2021 and will be co-written by the selected candidate and Domain Therapeutics. For a successful application, you have to fit the eligibility criteria requested by the European Union (see here).
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD, MD/PhD in Organic Chemistry or related fields.
- Strong background in Medicinal Chemistry, specific interest in Drug-like Design.
- Experience on fluorescent moieties a strong plus.
- Fluent in English (oral and written). French is a plus.
- Strong project and interpersonal skills.
- Strongly organized and rigorous, you have a good ability to adapt to changes in priorities and to work effectively
- on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Although autonomous, you have a high ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong motivation, attention to details.
NEXT STEP IS YOURS
To apply, please send before September 10th, 2021 :
- a Detailed CV including names and contact details of 3 reference persons.
- a “Research experience” document (1-page description of research and training activities already undertaken).
- a “Motivation” document.
Domain Therapeutics offers you an opportunity to put your skills to good use in a human and caring work environment… Tempted? Don’t hesitate, join the Domain Therapeutics adventure !
Sends your application here
Please use the reference : MSCA-DT2021/01
Domain Therapeutics, data controller, implements the processing of your personal data for the management of recruitment operations, in application of the French Labor Code.
The data collected is essential for monitoring your application and is intended for the relevant departments of Domain Therapeutics as well as any subcontractors and providers. The data are kept for two years from the last contact with the candidate.
In application of the legislation in place, you have the right to question, access, rectify or delete, limit the processing of your data, the right to object, the right to the portability of your data as well as the right to define directives relating to the fate of your data after your death, which are exercised by email email@example.com or by post to the attention of the Data Protection Officer from Domain Therapeutics, 850, boulevard Sébastien Brant, Bioparc, 67400 Illkirch-Graffenstaden, accompanied by a copy of an identity document
Share this article